Veterans, their families, advocates, and others interested in learning about how service dogs can assist Veterans with disabilities are invited:
Date: Saturday, November 14, 2015
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Location: Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza
8525 Fenton Street, Spring Room
Silver Spring, MD 20910
During this informative discussion, you will learn:
- What types of disabilities, injuries, or illnesses a service dog can be trained to assist with
- What service dogs can and cannot do, including a live demonstration
- Who is a good candidate to partner with a service dog
- What are realistic expectations about being partnered with a service dog
- How Hero Dogs raises and trains its service dogs
- How Hero Dogs trains and supports Veterans
- What Veterans’ responsibilities are for training and partnering with a Hero Dog
- How to apply for a service dog from Hero Dogs
Please join us for this informative discussion! Plenty of time for questions and answers will be available after the presentation. Light refreshments will be provided.
Hero Dogs is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that raises, trains, and provides service dogs free of charge to Veterans in the Greater Baltimore Washington Metro Area. We are having a free informational event for Veterans, their families, advocates, and others interested in learning about how service dogs can assist Veterans with disabilities.
Please share the details.